After over a year stuck indoors thanks to this dumb virus, we’ve all had more than our share of Zoom meetings and FaceTime video calls. And throughout each of these sessions there is our own face looking back at us from the corner of the screen. It’s made each of us see a lot more of our own face than we’re used to, and people have been taking inventory of issues they see.
Your smile doesn’t want to be left out! That’s why Dr. Fong performs various cosmetic dentistry procedures at his Orange County practice — to make your smile look sparkling.
Here are some cosmetic options you may want to consider:
- Teeth whitening — We offer both in-office and at-home teeth whitening options. These hydrogen peroxide-based treatments remove the stains that build up on your teeth from foods and drinks, and natural aging.
- Composite fillings — If possible, Dr. Fong prefers to place composite resin fillings instead of the long-used silver amalgam. Composite resin fillings are also known as “tooth-colored fillings” because they’re invisible when in your teeth.
- Porcelain veneers — These are thin shells of porcelain that are applied to the front surfaces of your visible teeth. Porcelain veneers mask various cosmetic flaws, such as chips, stains, misshapen teeth, and the like, and present a perfect smile to the world.
- Bioclear — With this system, Dr. Fong uses clear tooth shaped forms to reshape your teeth by placing composite resin. This is a less expensive alternative to veneers or crowns.
- Porcelain crowns — Usually a cosmetic remedy for a single tooth (although crowns can also save a heavily damaged tooth from needing extraction), a porcelain crown is placed over the entire visible portion of the tooth down to the gumline.
- Dental implants — Far and away the best option for replacing a missing tooth or two, dental implants behave exactly like a natural tooth. This is because the titanium implant (which gives this prosthetic its name) is screwed down into the jawbone in the hole formerly occupied by the natural tooth root, and the jawbone grows around the implant making it a part of the jaw. A post is attached to the implant base and an artificial porcelain tooth is attached to the post.
- Orthodontics — Invisalign is changing the way we can make mild to moderate movements of your teeth possible. Invisalign moves the teeth with a series of clear acrylic “aligners” that are worn over the teeth for two weeks. Then the next aligner tray replaces it for the next two weeks and so on. People can’t tell you’re wearing Invisalign even when they’re talking with you at close range.
Want to shape up that smile for future Zoom meetings and beyond? Come see Dr. Fong at our comfortable offices in Santa Ana. Call us at (714) 549-1903 to schedule your appointment.